Daily Tour Galapagos
ISABELA ISLAND DAILY TOUR
Experience a captivating daily excursion to Isabela Island, including snorkeling at the enchanting Islote de las Tintoreras. Located a short 10-minute boat ride from Puerto Villamil, this secluded islet is renowned for its serene lava crack and crystal-clear waters, providing a resting place for white tip fin sharks known as “tintoreras.” Witness these magnificent creatures basking on the vertical walls and encounter numerous marine iguanas enjoying the warmth of the morning sun in the turquoise lagoon.
- Departure: Santa Cruz, boarding pier.
- Boarding time: 7:00 a.m.
- Journey from Santa Cruz Island to Isabela Island: 2 hours.
- Arrival at Isabela Island: 9:00 am
- Guided walks: Wetlands, giant turtle breeding center.
Sailing time from Isabela Island to Islote de las Tintoreras: 10 minutes.
- Snorkeling duration: 45 minutes.
- Wildlife sightings: Giant tortoises, flamingos, land iguanas, white fin sharks, sea lions, reef fish.
- Meals: Lunch, snack, water.
- Concludes: 5:00 pm
- Inclusions: Professional bilingual guide, transportation, snorkeling equipment, Hotel.
- Exclusions: Isabela Island entrance tax – $5 for locals, $10 for foreign visitors.
Explore the magnificent Tunnels, an exceptional site for surface diving due to its calm, clear, and shallow waters. This unique location showcases remarkable geological formations, with lava flows creating numerous arches and tunnels both above and below the water’s surface, providing shelter for various species of marine fauna found in the Enchanted Islands. Please note that certain low tides may generate strong waves, primarily from June to December, making entry into the Tunnels challenging.
- Departure: Isabela Island, hotel.
- Boarding time: 7:00 am
- Sailing time from Isabela to Tunnels Island: 1 hour.
- Guided visits and walks: Exploring the tunnels.
- Snorkeling duration: Two sessions of 45 minutes each.
- Wildlife sightings: Blue-footed boobies, rays, starfish, penguins, seahorses, sharks, sea turtles, reef fish.
- Meals: Lunch, snack, water.
- Concludes: 1:00 pm
- Inclusions: Professional bilingual guide, transportation, snorkeling equipment.
1:30 pm Return to Puerto Ayora.
2:30 pm Speedboat transfer back to Santa Cruz Island.
5:00 pm Arrival in Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz).
Named in honor of Queen Isabel I of Castile, who sponsored Christopher Columbus’ voyage, Isabela Island (also known as Albemarle Island) is the largest landmass in the Galapagos archipelago, spanning an impressive area of 4588 km² and accounting for 58% of the total land area. The island’s distinctive shape is a result of the amalgamation of five major volcanoes – Cerro Azul, Sierra Negra, Salcedo, Darwin, and Wolf – forming a single mass. With a population of approximately 2200 inhabitants, Isabela Island is home to various fascinating species, including penguins, marine iguanas, flightless cormorants, blue-footed boobies, pelicans, zayapas, and blue sharks. The island’s diverse terrain, encompassing the foothills and calderas of its six volcanoes, supports a thriving population of giant tortoises, land iguanas, finches, pigeons, hawks, and an array of intriguing vegetation. Situated at the southern tip of the island, Puerto Villamil (also known as Albemarle) serves as the third-largest human settlement in the Galapagos archipelago and acts as the primary port for Isabela Island.
Tourist Superior ClassPrice
We are Galapagos!
We focus on our growth and on providing an unforgettable experience to our customers.