Daily Tour Galapagos
Bartolome ISLAND DAILY TOUR
- Hotel pick-up in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island.
- Departure Time: 06:00 am.
- Transfer from Ayora Port to Itabaca Channel (approximately 45 minutes).
- Sailing time from Itabaca Channel to Bartolome Island (2 hours).
- Arrival to Bartolome Island at approximately 08:45 am.
- Enjoy a 2-hour hiking experience on Bartolome Island.
- Lunch break.
- Go snorkeling in Sullivan Bay.
- Return to Santa Cruz at 14:15 pm.
- Arrival to Santa Cruz at approximately 17:00 pm.
- Transfer back to your hotel.
- Briefing for next day activities.
Places to Visit:
Named after Sir Bartholomew Sulivan of the British Navy, Bartolome Island covers an area of 1.2 km² and reaches a maximum altitude of 114 meters. This island showcases some of the most stunning landscapes in the entire archipelago. It consists of an extinct volcano and features a variety of vibrant volcanic formations in red, orange, green, and bright black hues. The lava cacti of the Galapagos have colonized the new lava fields here. The island is renowned for its iconic landmark, the Pinnacle, which is a symbol of the Galapagos Islands. Diving and snorkeling in this area provide incredible encounters with penguins, sea lions, white tip reef sharks, and other tropical fish. Bartolome is also a seasonal mating and nesting site for green turtles. The bay offers an excellent opportunity for swimming, and the twin bays are separated by a narrow isthmus.
Sullivan Bay boasts a unique landscape characterized by a pair of eroded scoria lava cones. These cones were engulfed by a relatively recent pahoehoe lava flow, forming one of the world’s finest examples of this geological phenomenon.
We are Galapagos!
We focus on our growth and on providing an unforgettable experience to our customers.